Friday 5 February 2010

Trudy at Prestwich


We welcome Trudy, who will be running our Prestwich Shine Centre five days a week eventually. Trudy has been working for an International Volunteer placement organisation, so she is used to scheduling and timetabling, and know you are in capable hands. I am sure most of the Prestwich volunteers have now met her, and will enjoy working closely with her.

I'm an extremely outgoing person, love nature,traveling, interacting with people, dancing, music and most important sport. Sport is my first love such as volleyball which I played for 17 years, softball which I played for 20 years and coached at senior and junior level. I've achieved success in both codes of sport by obtaining awards & my provincial colours in softball. I've done martial arts for a couple of years which has been an important part of my life and has taught me how to control my emotions in a positive way as well as discipline that I've carried through in my personal life and careers over the years.My expectations are simple: always expect the unexpected. I've learnt over the years that one cannot control life, life controls you. Do what you can today and live for what tomorrow brings and enjoy the simple things in life.

Shine Centre is an amazing organization to work for & I LOVE IT. I'm so happy & proud to be a part of an organization that is doing amazing work within the public schools by helping the kids to learn, understand and achieve sometimes the impossible that they feel that they cannot achieve on a daily basis, and ultimately the community will gain the success of the children at shine. There is no better feeling in the world to know that you in some way have contributed to helping the children at shine whether it's one or 50 to build a better country for the future. I work with an amazing group of people & volunteers that i think are incredible human beings, and have hearts that are bigger than themselves, whom I learn from daily and the positive energy is enormous and makes you feel that you can do more..I LOVE MY JOB!!!!!!

No comments: