Sunday 13 February 2011

The effect of the work our volunteers do is boundless: one of our most dedicated volunteers has had to leave for personal and business reasons, and the gap she has left is being felt not only by the children, but by our link at Observatory. The warm relationships that are built are so special, and I want to share this heartfelt email that Noma sent me last week:    

Hi all
 Thank you for this wonderful letter for Cheryl.....I miss her so dearly, and every time I think about her my EYES are flowing with salty water: no Cheryl,no coffee,no snack..( I am) Very sad, and I dont think I will recover from this.
Thank you so much and the Picture of her & Dean:(it)is amazingly BEAUTIFUL.
Warm regards
Noma
We thank Cheryl for her enormous loyalty and dedication, and we want her to know how grateful we are to have had her shining presence in the centre. Cheryl represents all the current, past and future volunteers that we have known, and this dedication is for all the very special people who we have in our centres on a weekly basis, helping us with the vital work we do. With the warmest of thanks and gratitude. 

No comments: