Thursday 21 June 2012

Carrie Turner, Head Girl Report Back!

I had a quick catch up coffee with Carrie Turner today, to find out how she got on over the last term helping out on Mondays and Weds at Zonnebloem whilst Karen has been away. She had completely pre-empted me, and had prepared a lovely little narrative for us:
'....There is little to beat the wide and ready smiles that greet us.....'
I love the movement in this photo: the sheer joy and enthusiasm is palpable!
'I have had the most wonderful term. It has been such a pleasure to help at Zonnebloem. There is little to beat the wide and ready smiles that greet us as the children are brought up from their classrooms; or the rapt concentration on the pages of a book; or the wild enthusiasm for the new games, which have been such an overwhelming success with both learners and partners! I will miss my weekly rays of sunshine, both the literal ones, and those from the children, as I head off for a while, but am already looking forward to being back in the Spring. Thought it may be nice for you to see these photos! Carrie xxxx'

Carrie, we are privileged to have such dedication within our volunteer team, and we wish you well as you return to England for a while...and we look forward to your speedy return.