Wednesday 5 January 2011

A gift of giving....part one.

We thought this letter that can through the website was worth publishing: a fantastic sentiment, and one that we admire:
 Dear Shine, I am a high school teacher in Gauteng. I am not able to afford much in the way of Christmas gifts and coming from a relatively rich background, there is no way I can afford to match what is given to me. Instead of buying meaningless Chinese rubbish this year, I bought books through Kalahari.net for donation to your organisation,knowing that my gift would be doubled by the MySchoolCard organisation. On Christmas day, I will present my family with a letter and picture of the books chosen on behalf of them. It has been a longtime since I have felt this happy about the gifts I have bought. I wish you all the best in your work down there. It is so needed!........I am thrilled to support something that has such far reaching effects.  My contribution is small but I chose books I would choose for my daughter.  I like knowing what the money is going towards and it makes me smile when imagining the children reading the books.  I hope your students grow to love reading as much as I do. Best Regards, Sara.

No comments: