Saturday 27 March 2010

Karl from Prestwich



We have been very lucky to have Karl join us from the beginning of the year. Karl is originally from South Africa, but he has been living in Canada for the last 40 years. He has spent some very valuable time with us, and has made a wonderful contribution to our organisation. I know that Trudy and the children will miss his input every week.Safe travels and don't forget us! below is an extract of a letter to Carrie at the end of his stay with us.

.....I just want to let you know that it has been an absolute honour to be able to be part of
the Shine Centre program. It has been a heartwarming, yet eye-opening experience for me and I will treasure the short time that I have spent with the children, the volunteers and staff.

My future plans include coming back to South Africa, and I certainly would love to be a part of this program again. Although, it is perhaps a slow process, the seeds have been planted and I am sure that these children will grow because of it.

Once again, "THANK YOU" for the priviledge!

Warm regards...

Karl Lange

No comments: